To the editor:
Great fun was had by all at the first-ever Casino Night hosted by the Friends of Matanzas Pass Preserve at the Fort Myers Beach Moose Lodge on Jan. 25. The evening was full of energy with a rousing Texas Hold'em Tournament, exciting Blackjack tables (we promise to have more next year!), 50/50 Bar Bingo, a Vegas Showgirl, a delicious appetizer buffet and awesome silent auction and raffle prizes.
We are so grateful to and proud of our community for their generous support that made the Casino Night so successful.
Many thanks to:
- Our amazing and numerous volunteers: Tree Andre, Dan Andre, Pat Tardiff, Chuck Bodenfafer, Chuck Schmidt, Betty Simpson, Ann Alsop, Jessica Alsop, Carrie Hill, Cindy Mitar, Diane Jones, Jim Rodwell, Dorothy Rodwell, Mick Curtis, Coleen Curtis, Tom Coyne, Terry Cain, Ginny Smith, Roger Johnson, Sid Tally, Carolyn McKeown, Pat McKeown, Rick O'Connell, John Lallo, Vicki Little, and Julie Schwab
- John Lallo and Rick O'Connell for officiating the Texas Hold'em Tournament
- Our event sponsors: Sharon Schmidt, Summer Stockton for Town Council, Chuck Bodenhafer
for Town Council, and the Red Coconut RV Resort
- Char & Ed Conner and all the staff at the Moose Lodge
- All of our local business that donated to our silent auction and raffle: Pete's Time Out, Sundance Sailing Cruises, Pieces of Eight Pirate Cruises, Matanzas on the Bay, Sunstream Hotels & Resorts, Jungle Golf of FMB, Outrigger Beach Resort, the Key West Express, The Beacon Beachfront Bed & Breakfast, Silver Sands Villas, Terra Nostra Restaurant, J.N. "Ding" Darling National Refuge, Sun Hardware, Skye's Restaurant, The Plaka Restaurant, Island Sol, Dairy Queen, The Cigar Hut, Flippers on the Bay, Captain Cain's Fishing Trip, the Moose Lodge, Surf Club, Smokin Oyster Brewry, Kilwin's, Island Inn of Sanibel, Vicki Little, Anita Cerceda, Rick O'Connell, Chuck Bodenhafer, Publix, Armando's Day Spa, One Flight Up Salon, Valerie's Lounge, Mermaid Lounge, Trico Seafood Co., South Beach, Heavenly Biscuit, Beach Bowl, Beach Pierside Grill, Dolphin Inn, The Grind Coffee House, Twisted Scissors Salon, Caribbean Pearl, Carolyn & Pat McKeown and Ginny Smith.
The Casino Night Fundraising Committee
Friends of Matanzas Pass Preserve