The Lee County GIS Department is putting its high-tech interactive maps to work for the public, making it easier than ever to find information specific to where you live.
Through a new series of "Find My" apps in the new Maps & Apps web portal, you can search by address or street name, or simply zoom in on a map to:
* Find My Property: Get basic property information as well as a link to more details in the Lee County Property Appraiser's Property Report. You'll also find a link to a property-specific Districts Report that contains information ranging from your school choice zone to whether you're in a sea turtle lighting zone.
Direct link: leegis.leegov.com/PropertyInfo
* Find My Flood Zone: Get your flood report to find out if your home is in a high-risk flood zone - which could require higher flood insurance premiums. Also find a property report link. Direct link: leegis.leegov.com/FloodZones
* Find My Evacuation Zone: It's important to learn about your evacuation zone so you'll be prepared during hurricane season. Find out which zone you live in, and then click on the link for more information about evacuations. Also find a property report link.
Direct link: leegis.leegov.com/EvacuationZones
* Find My Commissioner: Quickly determine which commissioner represents you. Then click on the link to your commissioner's homepage for contact and additional information.
Direct link: leegis.leegov.com/CommissionerDistricts
* Find My Waste Pickup Days: Quickly determine your pickup days for garbage, recycling and yard waste in unincorporated Lee County, the City of Bonita Springs, and the Town of Fort Myers Beach. Click the holiday schedule link to find out if pickup will be delayed.
Direct link: leegis.leegov.com/WastePickup
You can also find a gallery featuring all the current apps in the new Lee County GIS Maps & Apps website atleegis.leegov.com/mapsandapps/ .
Source: Lee County Government