JinglePAWS in the Park Pet Adoption and Holiday Festival, which is being organized by Dog Days Delight of Cape Coral, will be held from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. this Saturday in Jaycee Park.
"Activities will include animal themed face painting, photos with Santa, holiday arts and crafts activities for kids, a silent auction featuring items and gift certificates from local businesses, raffle with fun prizes, local vendors with gifts for holiday shopping, an art gallery and sale of paintings created by Adoptable Pets and the main event: a Pet Adoption Tent with a "meet and greet" area!" organizers state.
Nearly 50 vendors had signed up as of last Wednesday.
"It's something for everybody," said Nicole Kane, co-owner of Dog Days Delight, an organizer of the event and an ardent dog lover whose family includes multiple pet rescues. "People can actually do their Christmas shopping."
All proceeds will go to benefit PAWS Lee County, a non-profit, low cost spay and neuter clinic serving pet owners in need.
"We're trying to raise $15,000, which will pay for a week's worth of spaying and neutering for 200 animals for PAWS," Kane said in a telephone interview. "We have a saying: Prevent a litter, fix your critter."
"A lot of time people can't afford to get these things done," she added. "Their heart is in the right place but they've fallen on hard times; they need to put food on the table but also want to get their animal fixed."
In addition, JinglePaws will provide a venue for pet rescue organizations.
As of Wednesday, 12 pet rescue groups, which will be bringing adoptable pets, have agreed to take part.
"We'll be bringing together dogs and cats, puppies and kittens from many of our areas shelters and rescue organizations to meet potential pet families in Cape Coral," organizers said in a prepared release. "If you're thinking of adding a pet to your family, make sure to stop by and meet our pets!"
Other highlights will include pet microchipping, photos with Santa or Santa Paws ($20 for three digital photos,) face painting for a donation, and 3-3-3 raffles with 33 percent going to the raffle winner, 33 percent to PAWS and 33 percent to a rescue group.
"We're still definitely looking for donations for raffle and auction items," Kane said.
Originally conceived as a dog wash in the Dog Days Delight parking lot, JinglePAWS just snowballed, Kane said.
And she could not be happier.
"We are trying to give back to the community that can't speak for themselves," she said.
Jaycee Park is at 4125 S.E. 20th Place, Cape Coral.
The full events list includes:
* Photos with Santa: all day
* Stockings Decoration: all day
* Doggy Prize Pool - all day - dog days del will donate prizes $5 a ball pick (prizes are worth $10-20)
* Chinese Lanterns: Will be sold all day, launched at the end of clean-up
* Harness Fashion Show/Auction - at noon
* Raffles - half at 1 p.m. and half at 3 p.m.
* Silent Auction: Bidding all day, finalizing at the end of the day (2:30 p.m.)
* Face Painting and Balloon Art: all day
* Dunk Tank with local celebrities-Mayor Marni Sawicki from noon to 1p.m.
* Dog Painting contest - 2 p.m.
* Doggy Kissing Booth - All Day
* Rescue Food Drive
* Rescue Dog Paintings Auction-all day close at 3 p.m., or buy for $25 a piece.
* Spare change jar - donations of peoples spare change all day
* 33/33/33 - all day, announced at 2:45 (33-PAWS, 33-will pick from the rescues by ticket, 33-to raffle ticket holder) People can pre-buy at jinglepaws.org/
333raffle.html . You will not need to be present to win!
For more information or to make a donation visit jinglepaws.org or call 732-997-7387.