Five people, including four from Cape Coral, were recently arrested in connection to an undercover investigation at Glover Bight Park.
The Cape police had recently received complaints about people engaging in lewd sexual acts in public on the boardwalk at the park, at 5703 Rose Garden Road. On Feb. 22 and Friday, detectives conducted undercover operations.
During the course of the operations, five men reportedly attempted to engage in sexual activity with the detectives while on the boardwalk.
The five picked up in connection to the investigation were:
- John Lyle McCormick, 67, of 3708 S.W. First Ave.
- Robert Joseph McDevitt, 72, of 1021 Southdale Road, Fort Myers
- Wesley Marshall Rolph, 49, of 1609 S.W. 18th Lane
- Robert William Vogt, 49, of 2325 S.W. 27th St.
- William Edward Wolfe, 70, of 809 S.E. 46th Lane, Apt. 106
All five were charged with one count of battery touch or strike and transported to the Lee County Jail. They have all been released.
The five were also issued trespass warnings for the park.
None of them could be reached for comment Tuesday.
McDevitt, Rolph and Vogt have court appearances set for March 12.
McCormick and Wolfe have court appearances set for March 19.