Marine Resources Task Force is pleased to report to the Town Council on the projects it has taken up, progress in that regard and the status of other items that may be of interest to the Town Council. Following is a list and update on each. MRTF welcomes direction from Town Council on any of these issues.
- Recycling Bins at Beach Accesses Public Works reported that all beach accesses have recycling bins and that more bins have been ordered to be placed on the beach side poles.
- Adopt a Beach Program Vice Chair Dan Andre presented the agreement for the program with revised language to include volunteers under the age of 18 and to eliminate any fees by participants.
- Mobile educational outreach display It was decided that MRTF would try to participate in a least four events a year and that all materials are in place for the display and this matter would now be Mobile Educational Outreach.
- MRTF brochures at beach accesses John Bennett presented a new brochure reduced in size to fit in a rack card holder on the beach. All were in favor and the brochure will go to print after bids.
- Policies and Procedural Manual MRTF will be reviewing the current manual for updating.
Respectfully submitted to Town Council members following the regular monthly meeting of the Marine Resources Task Force.
--submitted by Dan Andre, vice chair of MRTF